The Keep Denton Beautiful (KDB) Committees offer a long-term volunteer opportunity for community members looking to get more involved in the work of KDB. Committee service is perfect for those who want to help with the inner-workings of KDB, but may not have the time for a board position or internship.
We are currently recruiting volunteer committee members who:
1. Are passionate about what KDB does (litter cleanups and litter abatement; community beautification; and planting lots and LOTS of trees!);
2. Would be an asset to the KDB team. We need people with the knowledge, skills, resources, and a just plain “get-it-done” attitude to drive KDB forward in the coming year;
3. Are willing to commit their time. Committees meet once a month for about an hour and require some communication (emails, surveys, etc.) in between meetings.
If this sounds like YOU, please consider joining one of the following KDB committees:
Scroll to the bottom of this page to complete the KDB Committee Member Application!
The purpose of the Fundraising/Membership Committee is to:
- develop the KDB donor base
- cultivate both new and existing donors
- identify grant opportunities and potential funding sources
- enhance/grow all aspects of the KDB membership programs
Special Project Committee
The purpose of the Special Project Committee is to:
- plan and implement a hands-on community project
- accomplish quick – but impactful – successes in one of KDB’s major program focus areas (litter prevention, community beautification, and urban forestry)
- pull in community support to achieve visible results that improve the community
- for 2016, the focus of this committee will be Mural Projects