2017 Tree Giveaway
Thank you to our participants who came out to celebrate KDB’s 19th Community Tree Giveaway! We hope you enjoy your tree, and please make sure you take our participant survey.
Participants must register in advance in order to receive a free 3-gallon size tree, with a limit of one tree per residence. Only City of Denton residents and utility customers are eligible to receive a tree through this program. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Trees are Terrific!
Planting new trees enhances Denton’s urban canopy and helps our city thrive! Trees are vital for sustainable community growth, economic vitality, and public health. They also:
- beautify neighborhoods and public spaces;
- increase property values;
- lower energy consumption of homes and businesses;
- boost consumer spending; and
- encourage outdoor physical activity.
Help your tree get a healthy start!
Read through these resources BEFORE you plant:
- Select the right location to plant your tree
- “Call before you dig” – Dial 811 to have underground utility lines marked for free!
- Plant your tree properly (yes, there are MANY wrong ways to plant a tree!)
- Keep your tree growing and thriving with good pruning practices
- Get the kids in your life involved in planting and caring for your tree! Check out PBS’ Plum Landing series online for a great tree planting video and other fun ideas.
For more information on how to properly plant trees, and the importance of trees in our community, visit the KDB Resources Page and look under Urban Forestry.