KDB Student Advisory Committee
Denton-area university students are invited to become part of KDB’s Student Advisory Committee.
Keep Denton Beautiful, Inc. (KDB) is a Denton-based environmental nonprofit focused on engaging the community in creating a clean and beautiful Denton. University students make up more than 50,000 individuals in Denton, and can provide crucial feedback to this organization through discussion, outreach, and group action projects.
We believe that together we can further involve the community in creating a more beautiful Denton.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Take action in your community and on your campus
- Learn about the operations of an environmental non-profit
- Discuss global, national, and local environmental trends and events
- Earn volunteer hours
… and more!
Committee Member Expectations:
- Gather with other students to brainstorm: Attend six (6) meetings during the spring 2018 semester (approximately bi-monthly)
- Research how to involve students with volunteer opportunities and the environment: File six (6) observation reports about KDB and university relations
- Create a group action project: Identify an issue -> create improvement strategy -> implement a project
- Volunteer with KDB: One (1) hour per month minimum
Minimum involvement is approximately 15 hours for the semester. There will be opportunity to exceed this.
Time will be recorded as volunteer hours.
additional class or project credit:
- Commitment may fulfill volunteer hour and project requirements for your class or organization.
- We would be happy to explore how your class or organization project can be fulfilled. Professors and organization leaders are encouraged to reach out to KDB to understand how the Student Advisory Committee’s mission would align with their projects.
- Hours also count towards the UNT Sustainability Graduation Cord requirements.
Questions? Contact Us!
For more information, contact KDB Intern Samantha Hardisty by email or at (940) 349-8765.
Applicants will receive instructions on next steps by Feb. 12. Depending on the size of the application pool, a short interview may be requested.