We’re ready for a fresh start in 2021! The new year marks a time for growth and the opportunity to change habits for the better. Each small change can yield large results, so we’ve compiled a short list of simple resolutions that if we all band together can make a big impact!
- Properly dispose of your Christmas Tree! We know y’all will do this already, but we thought we’d start with a friendly reminder.
- City of Denton Solid Waste & Recycling will pick-up your real tree, free of any decoration, curbside. If you are a yard waste bin subscriber, you don’t even have to call ahead. If you do not presently have a yard waste bin, call (940) 349-8700 to schedule your pick-up. Time to dispose of your fake tree, take it to the Denton Landfill, 1527 Mayhill Rd. free of charge.
- Replace a single-use plastic with its reusable counterpart. Think metal straws, plastic-wrap alternatives, mesh produce bags, and a reusable water bottle!
- Start Meatless Mondays! If you’re already on board, add another day. If you’re plant-based, focus on local food sources. If you’re plant-based, sourcing locally and sustainably, press on, dear reader.
- Keep your neighborhood, parks, and trails clean. Take a trash bag and a pair of gloves with you on next year’s adventures. When you spot that snack wrapper, bottle, or can, you’ll be prepared to leave the area cleaner than when you found it. Need supplies? KDB’s got you covered. Contact the KDB office, (940) 349-8737.
- Be a better recycler! Contaminants are a big problem when it comes to recycling. Remember to:
- Clean and let your containers dry
- Plastic film with the chasing arrows and plastic bags need to be recycled separately (check for a drop-off at your grocery or hardware store)
- Put recyclable items into your bin loose – without a bag
If you’ve got a question about whether something should or should not be recycled, look it up on the Waste Wizard. It only takes a few seconds!