On June 14, KDB staff and Board members, along with partners SCRAP Denton, City Council Member, Keely Briggs, and local citizens, kicked-off the Cigarette Litter Prevention Program (CLPP) with a ribbon-cutting of a newly installed cigarette butt receptacle at Quakertown Park. Five other cigarette butt receptacles have been installed throughout Quakertown Park. Read about the CLPP and associated events here. View the City of Denton Newsbreak story about the event here.
Goals of the campaign:
- Recycle 1 million cigarette butts
- Identify Top 10 cigarette litter “hot spots” in Denton
- Hand out 2400+ CLPP bumper stickers and decals
- Hand out 1200+ car and pocket ash trays
- Host 5 cigarette litter prevention workshops
- Reduce annual cigarette litter in scan locations by 40%
The CLPP is supported by a grant from Keep America Beautiful.