KDB, You, and those New Year’s Resolutions
It’s a new year, and that means you have probably made some resolutions to help you reach a goal or two. Here at KDB, we think we can help you reach a few of those.
Giving back to my community
Everything we do at KDB benefits Denton directly – our money stays right here to cleanup your streets, give out trees to your neighbors, and provide grants to local schools. You can help us achieve our mission of a clean, beautiful, vibrant Denton by:
- becoming a member (we even have Business memberships!)
- giving a one-time donation
- sponsor an event or program
If this is one of your resolutions, KDB has you covered! We have lots of volunteer opportunities – for groups and individuals!
- If you want to clean up your neighborhood, sign up for a Meetup Cleanup
- If you’re interested in playing with dirt, help out at one of our Garden Workdays
- Take part in Denton’s largest community-wide cleanup event by signing up to either participate or volunteer at the 31st Annual Great American Cleanup
For more information, visit our website or contact our Program and Volunteer Coordinator, Carly Weld, at email@example.com or (940) 349-8738.
Plan for the future
A great way to plan for the future is to plant a tree! It may seem small now, but in time, that tree will provide much needed shade. Trees provide more benefits than shade, though, like decreased energy costs, increased property values, and decreased crime. Early spring a good time to plant – so check out of Denton’s local nurseries to chat about a tree for your yard. You may be eligible for a Tree Rebate on your utility bill if you plant a qualifying tree.
- Receive a free when you attend a Free Tree Class at the Denton Redbud Festival on April 13. Read more and sign up beginning March 11.
- Register to receive a free tree at the 2019 Community Tree Giveaway on Oct. 19. Choose from one of seven native or adapted tree species to enhance your hard. Learn more here and register beginning Oct. 1 at kdb.org.