About Neighborhood Beautification Grants
KDB’s Neighborhood Beautification Grants Program provides up to $2,500 in project funding each year for neighborhoods, nonprofits, and other community groups seeking to achieve one or more of the following:
- Improve neighborhood public spaces;
- Beautify the community;
- Nurture a shared sense of neighborhood identity and community pride.
Basic guidelines are as follows:
- Applicants may request up to $1,000 per project, per grant year for projects that beautify or improve a neighborhood area, or otherwise make a tangible contribution to a healthier, more vibrant community;
- Individuals, neighborhood groups (formally or informally organized), and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply;
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to determine property ownership for proposed project sites, and obtain owner permission to complete the project prior to applying for funds;
- Requests for operating funds, seed funding for nonprofit or for-profit entities, or capital funding will not be considered through this program;
- Sample projects include: neighborhood entryway signs and landscaping; community garden projects; place making/pop-up events; mural art; and more!
- 2018-19 Grant Guidelines
- KDB Grant Budget Worksheet
- Neighborhood Beautification Grant Application 2018-19
For other resources, such as a hard copy of the application or examples of past projects, please contact KDB at (940) 349-8737, or email email@example.com.