KDB’s Adopt-A-Spot Program is one of the largest programs of its kind in Texas, with nearly 40 active groups. Volunteers are responsible for picking up thousands of pounds of litter each year from Denton’s roadways.
Scroll down to learn more!
Adopter groups: scroll down to complete your cleanup report!
Adopt-A-Spot volunteers are responsible for picking up thousands of pounds of litter each year from Denton’s roadways, contributing to a cleaner, more beautiful city; a higher quality of life for residents; and a vibrant local economy.
Being an Adopter gives participants an opportunity to give back to the community, teach their children about community responsibility, receive positive publicity for their business, and gain valuable community volunteer experience. Not to mention, being part of one of the largest programs of its kind in Texas, with nearly 40 active groups!
- 2 Year Commitment
- 4 cleanups per year; at least 1 cleanup per quarter
- Proper disposal of trash collected
- Your personal trash receptacles
- KDB office dumpsters (Green=trash; Blue=recycling), 608 E Hickory St.
- Public disposal locations (Recycling only):
- North Lakes Park, W. Windsor Dr. at Hinkle Dr.
- Corner of W. Congress St. at N. Elm St.; across from TJ’s Pizza
- Provide adult supervision for volunteers under 16 years of age
- For student organizations, an administrator or teacher must sign agreement and provide contact information to ensure continuity of the program
- Report your cleanup the day you complete it
- Communicate with KDB staff in a timely manner
- Provide timely updates on changes to contact person or contact information
- Provide supplies
- Recognize Adopter’s community impact
- Monitor compliance with program terms
- Work with the City of Denton to place Adopt-A-Spot signs with Adopter’s name (available after 2nd reported cleanup).
Current Adopters– complete this short survey to let us know how we’re doing.