2019 Tree Giveaway
The eight tree species options for this year’s 21st annual Community Tree Giveaway are listed below! To learn more about each of the tree selections read about the species on the KDB blog and view our handy Tree Guide to help make your decision.
Registration opens Oct. 1.
Become a member for early-bird registration Sept. 24.
Don’t miss registration!
Trees are Terrific!
Planting new trees enhances Denton’s urban canopy and helps our city thrive! Trees are vital for sustainable community growth, economic vitality, and public health. They also:
- beautify neighborhoods and public spaces;
- increase property values;
- lower energy consumption of homes and businesses;
- boost consumer spending; and
- encourage outdoor physical activity.
Help your tree get a healthy start!
Read through these resources BEFORE you plant:
- Select the right location to plant your tree
- “Call before you dig” – Dial 811 to have underground utility lines marked for free!
- Plant your tree properly (yes, there are MANY wrong ways to plant a tree!)
- Keep your tree growing and thriving with good pruning practices
- Get the kids in your life involved in planting and caring for your tree! Check out PBS’ Plum Landing series online for a great tree planting video and other fun ideas.
For more information on how to properly plant trees, and the importance of trees in our community, visit the KDB Resources Page and look under Urban Forestry.